After Prince's death yesterday heavy metal heavy hitters swarmed social media paying their respects to Prince announcing how much of an influence he was on their musical style. What I am wondering is now with the elitist attitude metal heads are prone to nowadays do you think that this holding metal back? I mean the lack of cross genre listening because something isn't "heavy, brutal, or raw" keeps the metal genres from progressing like in the past

Views: 37

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I think it's holding metal back. You have to think of how metal came about in the first place. Elvis, is one of the main reasons metal exists. So is Johnny cash, playing outlaw country. Their music broke people out of the mindset of "This is music and this is how it should be."
And then it evolved into a bunch of different things (music, bands, etc) until we hit metal. Once we hit metal, we start coming up with different genres of it and that's it. Metal has stopped trying to progress into other things; into other art forms. Instead it's about who can hit a heavier sound, hold a longer growl.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Latest Activity

mysticninja70 is now a member of Metal Mansion
14 hours ago
Raven posted a status
"cant wait for the new iced earth album to come out"
15 hours ago
KatyHolt posted a status
17 hours ago
Alba is now a member of Metal Mansion
yesterday